Degussa Bank AG faced the challenge to modernize its payments processing infrastructure and after careful consideration decided to outsource their end-to-end payments processing to Worldline SE. This includes SEPA processing, cross-border payments, high value payments, compliances services, investigations, archiving and additionally a full channel service suite including SWIFT service bureau, corporate access and paper based payments. Degussa Bank decided to make use of our payments processing back office platform because it provides a wide range of real-time monitoring and processing functionality including instant payments.
Simplify your back-office payments processing
Payment processing is a fundamental part of the services banks provide to their clients. But it is also highly complex. Developments such as the introduction of instant payments, new regulatory obligations coming from the PSD2 Directive and increasing customer requirements force the industry to reshape payment processing drastically. This leads to serious challenges for banks, and puts pressure on margins.
As your specialized partner in payments back-office processing Worldline can help you with these challenges. We make sure that all required steps in the process are taken care of, efficiently and in real time. This includes receipt of the payment instruction, validation, enrichment, compliance checks, generation of debit/credit entries, submission for interbank settlement, and client reporting. While we perform processing of your payments, you can stay focused on your core business.
Our Payments Processing Back-Office services
Efficient processing of your bulk payments
Accelerate your time to market for instant payments
Providing the certainty you require for transfers of large amounts
Christian Rhino, Divisional Board Member, Group Banking Operations Commerzbank AG
Through the purchase of “payment as a service” from Worldline, we have not only gained a reliable strategic partner for our company, but through this we can fully concentrate on our digitalization and the strategic restructuring of Commerzbank 4.0.
Enabling innovation through payments platform transformation
In this whitepaper, we examine how a rapidly changing financial environment is urging banks to rethink their business strategies and back-end operations.Download whitepaper
- Supporting all payment types: Domestic Payments including full SEPA coverage (SCT, SDD and SCC), Instant Payments, Multi-Currency and High-Value Payments and Checks
- Ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulation, also for local schemes
- Offering additional supporting services, like archiving, reporting or sanctions filtering
- Using proven real-time processing platform, which is always open, always on
- Full integration with bank’s applications for balance checking, booking entries and sanctions filtering
- Simplified connectivity from client channels through back-office and to any Clearing & Settlement Mechanism, via business integration layer
- All transaction data can be viewed via an intuitive white-label GUI with graphical dashboards or can be retrieved using API technology
- Operational model supports a broad range of operations from software licensing, hosting and Application Management to full Business Process Outsourcing
Values for our clients
- Reduce your IT and Operations costs in the payment back-office through economies of scale
- Remain focused on your core business, while we handle your payments processing
- Enjoy guaranteed compliancy with all applicable regulations, at all times
- Introduce new products or functionality to your clients with short time to market
- Leverage the newest technologies while avoiding long-term IT infrastructure investments
- Stay fit for future product/IT innovations in a continuously changing environment
Jürgen Eckert, Chairman Board of Directors Degussa Bank AG
Working with a single provider that covers the entire value chain enables us to reduce costs and complexity significantly. Direct communication, quick response times and optimized provider management are among the benefits.
Contact our expertBruno Chataigner Product Marketing Manager
Bruno has been leading Regional and Global initiatives for 20+ years in both Banking and FinTech industries on Payments and Cash Management value propositions, located in various European countries. He’s currently responsible of the Back Office Processing Product suite for Banks and related, as part of the Business Process Outsourcing offering. Bruno holds a Master in Finance and MBA (with Distinction) from both ESSEC Business School and Mannheim Business School.Contact Bruno
Product Marketing Manager